Monday, April 13, 2009

Cooking With Kids: Mashed Potatoes

Now this isn't rocket science. Really, it is more like a piece of cake even for a 2yo to try. :) 

But the kiddos had so much fun when I suggested they make their own dinner one night. 

I washed, peeled, cubed the potatoes and then dumped them into a big pot of water, right in front of the boys.

While the potatoes were cooking, I grated some cheese and drained some canned tuna. 

Then the boys got to mash their own potatoes with some milk and generous sprinkles of grated cheese. To finish it off, they had a go at decorating their mashed potato mountain with heaps of canned tuna. 




Viola! Dinner was served! 

The boys couldn't wait to taste the dinner they made. 

In between mouthfuls, my 4.5yo announced proudly 'Mama, you don't have to make me any more dinner. From now on, I can cook you dinner every night!'

And my 2.5yo said 'I always love mashed potatoes Mama. I want to eat this everyday!'


2 comments:

Alison Kerr said...

That's very cute! Have you had time off from cooking since then? I love to hear of kids working in the kitchen. Here's another recipe for your kids to try:
Cheese Beanos

DG said...

Haha! Not really. I am not very keen on eating mashed potatoes everyday but I am sure I can count on them to make this in future. Thanks for the recipe suggestion but the link doesn't work. Do you try to add again?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...