Thursday, March 26, 2009

In That Week-Long Break

For this March week-long school holiday, I decided to do just a couple of hours of homeschooling on the Monday morning and take a break for the week.

So the rest of the time was spent on plenty of play dates, sand play, swim and a few visits to several indoor gyms, zoo and playgrounds. 



The bulk of our time at the zoo was spent at the Rainforest Kidzworld. And on the trams of course. The kids just weren't that interested in looking at the animals after our repeated visits before. 


Going absolutely nuts over the tricycles in a really crowded place...

Sliding down... and cackling away... 



He must have gone on it at least ten times, each time with a different ball. 



This pair is definitely forming a strong friendship. Maybe we can start a sleepover routine real soon. 

The 4yo also went for a half-day art camp but I have no photos for that since it was a drop-off session. Really, it should be called a craft camp instead since all that the kids did was craftwork. And in my opinion, very uncomplicated crafts too. 

As I do lots of more challenging crafts with my boys at home, I just don't see the value of sending them to another craft class. But since the fee was very reasonable for the duration, I let him try especially when he is so keen on returning to his art school. It's alright for a one-off 4-hour camp though, just for the fun and experience. At least now I get a sense of the value of the craftwork I have been doing with my boys at home. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love their little hats! xxxxH

Anonymous said...

The indoor gym looks fun. May i know where is it?

DG said...

Xh, me too! Finally the boys love to wear their hats. Grandma must be so happy to know that. :)

Winnie, it is in Forum. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...