Saturday, March 28, 2009

4.5yo's Recent Art Pieces

Here is a selection of pieces done in Art School in the last few lessons.

His grandparents in London. A super fat bunny with a big carrot and teeny weeny one by the side. At first glance, I thought it just doesn't look like his style. 

So I checked with the teacher who told me she drew some people on her paper and after demonstration, took the paper away. So all kids could do their own interpretations. According to her, this is actually not a very close resemblence to the ones that she had drawn. So he added his own interpretations like the hair, clothes and things they carried.

Really fat hippo that ate too much next to a coconut tree. Entirely his work. I love his tree! 

Horse walking on tight rope. Ever since he has been drawing horses so often at home.

Self-expression piece with multimedia. I think it is supposed to be An Assortment of Donuts. His idea.  Not sure what the arrow is doing in the painting though.

Self portrait!! 

A really nasty queen bee in the garden. Look at that meanie look on the bee!  The teachers were full of praises for the details he added. 

Apple tree in autumn. 

Boat in the sea. Hmm.. lilac coloured water.. ??

School bus. He added seats and rear view mirrors! :) 

Cheeky boy with an outstretched arm, standing next to a bus. 



This last piece was drawn at home. That was Mama waving (notice I am bald!) and right next to Mama is himself bending down, so we can only  see his butt! And the really tiny figure on the left is his baby brother. Hee hee.. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many cute things in these pictures! The big fat bunny, the baby brother, the butt xxxxxxH

Jan said...

Wow, i really like the details on these art pieces and the apple tree.... Can imagine how you must be beaming with pride at his talent. Just last night, my 2.5yo drew a long vertical line, then added a short horizontal line at the top of it, followed by a jagged line (or curve?) at the bottom... then she turned to me and said "Mommy, J". That really caught me by surprise :) I'm glad I brought out the color pencils/drawing book instead of turning on the TV.

4malmal said...

hi domesticgoddess, wow your 4.5 yo can really draw very well...little picasso in the making huh!

DG said...

XH, he is just so cheeky, isn't he? Everytime I look at the last drawing on the 'butt', I still burst out laughing.

Thanks Jan. Wow.. I can imagine how proud you must be too to see the 'J' from your 2.5yo. :)

4malmal, thanks! It helps that art is his passion but not sure about the little picasso part... :)

KoLe said...

Hi DG,
impressive as usual.
and he is very versatile!
very varied styles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...