Though we like the former school, they have moved to an inconvenient location. After checking out 5 other art schools, I decided this one seems to be the best.
What I like about this new place:
- the theme changes every week
- the class is of mixed age group,
- focus on mixed media
- each lesson comprises of at least 1 drawing, 1 painting and 1 free-expression piece. First 2 pieces are theme-based and teacher guided if necessary.
- teachers are VERY nice and encouraging
- kids are urged to express instead of insisting that everyone 'must' draw the same thing or be given a template
-very open environment so I can see what kids are doing, unlike previous place which didn't even have a window to peep into
- Another big plus, it is much cheaper and at better locale than the previous school.
Some pieces from his 3rd lesson
He wanted to draw a taxi in a farm. So he included a cow and pig. At first glance, I thought they were a giraffe and a cat! But I kept that opinion to myself and praised him for his efforts. That was his first try to draw these animals on his own.
His first attempt to draw a burger, fries and cola! Makes me laugh to see the fish in his fish burger when everyone else in class drew a hamburger. Painted with watercolours.
The theme was to draw scuba-divers and activities under the sea. He insisted on adding a Police Boat, shark and jellyfish. Not sure why there is a house in the sea though.