Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Jovial Little Guy


My 2yo can really make me laugh. 

I often comment to friends that a child is probably at their cutest when they are between the ages of 2 and 4. 

During this period, they learn at an amazing rate and exhibit the funniest antics just by being themselves! They are able to say enough to make you laugh, yet not quite sufficiently eloquent to sound like a small adult. The best and most precious part, to me, is they have not lost their innocence yet. They are incapable of fibbing, or any malicious acts. And they indulge themselves solely for the moment, which means they can behave in the silliest manners without any regards. 

So on a daily basis, I have plenty to laugh about just by observing my 2yo and spending time with him. 

Lately, he has been very keen to demonstrate some good manners. That is the benefit of having siblings. He learnt simply by watching and listening to what we say to his brother and vice versa. 

"Mama, fix this truck please"
"Thank you"
"You are welcome"

We hear these lines from him all the time now. His conversations with anyone are pretty much peppered with these Ps and Qs. 

Sometimes in his haste to rush off to play, we get a '.... pleeeaasee oh tank yew you are welcooooome' all in one breath. It still hasn't failed to draw a laughter from me.  


Another big favourite please-me line he showers on me several times a day now is the universal heartwarmer 'I love you'.

He is very fond of coming to me out of the blue and blurt out a 'I lauve yewwww'. Sometimes it comes with an accompanying kiss and cuddle. Sometimes just a cheek waiting to be kissed.

One night, we were all looking at old photos and I found one of M posing next to a few cans of beer. I jokingly asked M if the beer was yummy. Before anyone could even blink, the funny little guy exclaimed 'I WANT TO DRINK BEER!'. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous dimples! xxx XH

DG said...

LOL! He's gonna be a heartbreaker!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...