Saturday, November 29, 2008

Craft: Making Cat Masks...Meowww...

The boys were very excited when I suggested last week that we make our own cat masks.

Once I pulled out the materials that I had prepared, they could not be dissuaded from embarking immediately on the craft though it was way past bedtime.




The masks were painted another day. Chipsy chose yellow paint while M wanted orange with black stripes.





I showed them several pictures of cats from our large book collection, and let them get on with it. For the 2yo, there was some minor guidance, like where the whiskers should be, but he did the glueing, which was why the whiskers were in funny places. It is totally fine though since it is the process that is more important, and not the end result.

It is so much fun and heartwarming to see the boys working side by side to create their crafts. It is also at times like this, that I am reminded yet again of how wonderful it is to have more than one child.

2 comments:

Administrator said...

wow..indeed such alot of fun!... read your small print about rejecting a job offer..we seem to have so much in common. the only diff is, i accepted the job offer as I believe it is God's plan for me. I will blog about it next week. ;) Btw, just out of curiosity, is E eurasian? have a good weekend!

DG said...

hi contentedmom, E is not Eurasian. He is British Chinese. Born and bred in London.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...