Monday, November 24, 2008

First Play: Hungry Caterpillar by Act 3.

E took M to watch the Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar play last year. So this year, I went alone with Chipsy.

As it was the first time he went to watch any play/performance of any sort, I was mentally prepared for some fussing and/or uncooperative behaviour on his part.

To my utmost surprise, he sat through the whole play without wanting to leave nor did he fuss at all. Except for the beginning when the little cloud first appeared on the black sky, he whispered nervously 'scared.. scared of cloud.. mama cuddle'. Other than that, he just sat like a cute little bundle on my lap, all the time allowing me to hug him tight, smell his hair and give him little kisses and nibbles on his ear as he watched the puppets being manipulated on stage with full concentration. He remembered the storyline and would occasionally asked 'where is hat? where is clown? where is butterfly?' etc..

It was a really enjoyable hour to spend in the dark with my baby. What a pleasure! This shall be the first of many such performances to come.

Before we went to the play, we made a little craft related to the theme.




I guided him on the first green circle for the caterpillar and he did the rest, including the leaf printing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...