Sunday, October 26, 2008

Songbird

The 2yo is not only a chirpy little chipsy, but also a little nightingale these days.

He sings all day long to himself as he plays, to his two little piggies while relaxing in the cot, and to his excited audience (usually me and/or Marcus) as and when he decides to entertain.

His memory is also amazing, to me at least, as he seems to be able to remember lots of tunes and most of the lyrics. Sometimes after listening to me sing a song just twice or thrice, he surprises me by humming the tune perfectly or attempting to sing part of the song with the right lyrics.

In no particular order, these are what he entertains us with lately:
1. Incy Wincy Spider
2. Wheels on the bus
3. Twinkle twinkle little star
4. Baa baa black sheep
5. Ten little Indians (but we sing the "fingers" version)
6. Rainbow song
7. Five little ducks
8. Once I caught a fish alive
9. Alphabet song
10. Sing a song of sixpence
11. B.U.T.T.E.R.F.L.Y
12. Row your boat

Though the list is long, he hasn't yet mastered most of these nursery rhymes. There is always a part in each rhyme which he is still perfecting.

Marcus used to hum all day long and sing all the nursery rhymes he knew or just make up little tunes too. He still does that, but just up a notch. Now, he pretends he is the star of a concert and will play different musical instruments as he sings. That makes him a great idol for little chip to model after, so sometimes I just watch them as I sip my afternoon cuppa and be totally amused as they attempt to wow me with their musical talents.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...