Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just you, me and Chip

With E away from home to faraway London for 5 days now, the boys have been grumbling about missing daddy from time to time. 

Even little chipsy knows that daddy is in London and will talk about it as and when he remembers. It is funny how he often asks rhetorical questions and answers himself, like when he mumbles at bedtime 'Where is daddy? Daddy in London. Is daddy home? Nooo..' 

M complains to me that his daddy is away for too long and would ask me a few times a day when will he see daddy again. It is hard to explain the concept of 11 days, so as I try to be creative and come up with different explanations of how long E will be away, I just don't know if they quite get it. 

We used Skype to chat with E tonight so they could see E on my Macbook. But despite their frequent grumbles about missing daddy, they were so distracted by the piglet and Pooh movie that was playing concurrently on TV, that their attention was divided between the two screens. 

Like M frequently mentions recently, that 'there is just you, me and little Chip left in the house'. I must admit that I am beginning to feel the strain of the accumulative stress and tiredness and it is getting to me. I find myself taking more deep breaths throughout the day, trying to cope with the rush hours and handling the boys who are perfectly capable at driving me up the wall. Only another parent who is in similar circumstances can empathize.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...