Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chipsy's colours and shapes

I just realised the baby can recognise at least 12 shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, heart, circle, oval, diamond, semi-circle, crescent, arch, trapezium and pentagon) and can correctly tell us the names of most of these shapes, except trapezium and pentagon and he calls crescent the "moon", for obvious reason.

As we play with Lego and another set of toys which I brought out from storage recently, I also found out he recognises several colours like blue, red, green, yellow, orange and purple and can tell us accurately so. 

I used to do a systematic homeschooling curriculum with Marcus for a few weeks, but I aborted after I got tired and lazy and when he became less interested. There is a weekly content, based on alphabet, numbers, colours, vocabulary, craft, song, etc.. And I diligently and enthusiastically did the content myself for a few weeks, but of course I had more time and hence more motivation then. Now I do feel like I am fighting fire sometimes, and after a long and tiring day, drilling content into the baby is the last thing on my mind. Luckily, he learns very fast! Now, I just need to rethink the daily routine and fit that little bit in somewhere in his waking hours. Hmm.. I need to blow the dust off my dossiers of materials and re-ignite my flame to summon up that motherly love I have and nurture his growing brain. My lists of to-do and must-do just seems never ending. 

More on this later this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...