Thursday, September 18, 2008

Best Thai food in Singapore

I am a big fan of Thai food and have eaten good Thai cuisine in many of the fancy and not-so-fancy places in Singapore as well as various parts of the world. To me, the best Thai food in Singapore must be in Than Ying at the Amara Hotel.

I went there again last Sunday for dinner with 2 girlfriends and had a whale of a time. We had the most delicious pomelo salad I have ever tasted, succulent grilled king prawns, gorgeous red duck curry and the ever famous Tom Yam Goong. After 2 servings of steamed Jasmine rice which I polished off my plate with all these yummy dishes, I still managed to tuck in to 3 servings of the dessert buffet. At S$9++ per head for the dessert buffet, I think it is a mighty steal!

An evening of too much to eat and too much to laugh about is certainly a fabulous way to conclude a hectic week. I really should do this more often. Nothing beats good food for the soul, humour for the spirit and good conversation and companionship for the mind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...