Saturday, July 19, 2008

Goat cheese salad

Once in a while, I will be reminded of the beautiful goat cheese salad which E's friends made for us when they invited us over for dinner 7 yrs ago. Yes, long time ago when we were still living in London. I made the yummy salad the following week just to remind myself again of the wonderful taste and loved it so much that I even dreamt of it a few times after. But since we were back to Singapore, I've never made it ever again. For full 5 years. Wow.. time flies. 

Anyway, I couldn't resist and bought a nicely packaged piece of goat cheese from Medi-ya recently when I was there to hunt down my recent favourite dessert, the Japanese soft cream cheese which is so incredibly delicious. A quick shopping trip that was, but I ended up $86 poorer. And my basket was full of food and really good quality ingredients to whip up fanciful dinners. 

After chucking the goat cheese into the fridge with my stash of other goodies, I promptly forgot about it till today. I re-created the salad which I served with grilled salmon and boiled new potatoes. Even E was full of praises for the dinner. That makes me happy. 

Ingredients (Serves 2)
200g of cherry tomatoes 
5 cloves garlic, crushed
30g to 50g goat cheese (depending on portion you want to serve per pax)
olive oil
50g wild rocket

Place first 3 items in an dish and drizzle generously with olive oil. Bake 10 min in 200 deg cel oven and when done, arrange them loosely on top a platter of rocket leaves. Yummy on its own or serve with seafood like grilled salmon or prawns like I do. I am craving for more goat cheese already.. hmm.. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...