Monday, July 28, 2008

Alone with Marcus

It was always so enjoyable to take Marcus out alone and I can imagine that it will be even nicer in future when we can do more things together. 

I took Marcus out to Tanglin Mall yesterday, in search of some new shoes. Did a quick grocery shopping at the Marketplace and introduced him to some imported vegetables and explored some interesting aisles of frozen food and cheeses. 

I pointed out the different countries of origins and explained that some cheeses come from goats, cows and sheep etc.. Then he informed me in a matter-of-fact tone that "cheese also comes from mice!" Haha!  I don't know how and where he got that info from. 

When I told him that E likes the vegetable swede, he asked sweetly, "Shall we buy it for daddy then?". 

Then we came across the biscuits/cookies aisle and Marcus pointed excitedly at Oreos and said in the sweetest voice, "This is my favourite biscuit, so can we buy this today please?". Makes me laugh really as he tends to use this line so often nowadays to get us to buy him something. I couldn't resist. 

After that, we shared a hot fudge sundae at McDonald's and he ate most of the ice cream while trying hard to avoid licking the fudge. He thinks the chocolate is yuck for some reasons but yet savoured the Oreos. Funny boy! 

It was so fun to hold his hand and stroll down Orchard Road to catch 2 buses home. Full 3 hours of just me and my boy and tons of fun and love exchanged! Marvellous! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...