Friday, April 18, 2008

Cheeky innocence

Brought Marcus to Eva's house with Kyoko and her 5 y.o. Kana for playdate yesterday afternoon. When we arrived at Eva's, Kana announced loudly that she has something yummy for Eva and presented a bag of bread from Breadtalk. Marcus was standing behind Kana watching her and as he walked into the house, he announced with the same loudness to my embarrassment and amusement - "I didn't bring you anything!", and threw his arms up in the air as he speak. All the adults couldn't stop laughing at his innocent yet hilarious comment.

The boy was oblivious to the roaring laughter and just skipped to Nelson's room with Kana and simply helped himself to the heaps of toys Nelson has with no shyness, though that was the first time he was there.  Well, that was great for me as Eva baked a bunch of muffins that contained chocolate buttons and we adults could just eat and chat while the 8 month old baby Elvis sat in the high chair next to us. Sometime later, the adults left the table for about 5 min to visit the loo, attend to Kana who had a crying episode and left baby Elvis alone. When we came back, we were horrified to find Elvis chewing on a piece of muffin paper with crumbs on the high chair. Someone must have fed the baby the muffin and there were only 2 possible candidates - the 2 playdates!! So I had to ask.

Me: Marcus, did you give the baby the muffin?
Marcus: yes. (and continue to play without raising his head to look at me)
Me: Marcus, he is a baby. Cannot eat muffin!! Why did you give him the muffin?
Marcus: Because I don't want Kana to eat it.

He gave the baby a quarter of the muffin which Kana left behind on the plate. Oops! It was actually incredibly amusing and horrifying at the same time. But I must admit that I can't get enough of my son's cheeky innocence. I hope this cheekiness stays in him forever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...