Friday, February 15, 2008

I Read To You



I always can't stop smiling when Marcus reads to me and he loves to do that from time to time.
 
One of his favourite books is Thomas The Tank Engine Story Treasury and he can read all 64 pages on his own. It comprises of many stories and he was read to and has read them on his own so many times that he can pretty much have decent conversations about the different adventures the tank engines have. 

Personally they are really boring to me, but like all loving parents, we pretend to love the theme and stories to bits and summon up our best acting skills in order to come across as convincing fans in front of my 3 yr old. Well, he shall be 3.5 in March. We are so pleased that he reads so well, especially since we have never pressured him in any way to read. It has always been out of his own interests that he picks up new words and would repeatedly read his books on his bed all on his own.

Recently, he has been asking me to translate for him very often. And it is usually just whatever that comes to his mind and he would just say 'mama, how to spell xxx in chinese?' though I repeatedly told him that the question should be 'how to say it in Mandarin?'. I guess he is too young to get that maybe, hence after weeks of telling him so, he still reverts to his own way of questioning me. And he is also very fond of getting E and I to spell for him. Today he asked me to spell 'swimming pool' while we were in the pool and he just repeated the word 'pool' afterwards to himself and nodded satisfactorily.




Cheeky Marcus couldn't stop monkeying around in front of the iCamera.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...