Friday, February 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Just got back from watching Jumper and it is really rather crap in my opinion. I thought it would be some group of cool looking people who could teleport around and do some important work. Oh no... there were only 2 guys we saw in the whole film and they didn't do anything important. I wasn't hoping for them to save the world, like in Heroes, but not exactly doing nothing much either. And with really one dimensional lines and bad acting. Boring!

It is nice to be home after a long day, or what felt like a long day to me. Let the boys played in the pool with me for 2.5 hrs after my lunch with Carol and after pool and bath for both, I went straight to the gym for an hr of cardio and some resistance training. Back for shower, quick dinner and bedtime kissing the boys before we headed out for the 9 pm movie. It felt like a full day, so I am satisfied.

Now as E plays his video games, all I can think of is how much had happened in the last few months and what a ride it has been. At the pool earlier, I reflected a lot while watching my boys patiently scooping water with a spade into the pail and then pour it away and repeating the whole process. Perhaps life is really just this simple. There are just so many "what if"s and "if only"s and of course we only have one life and will never have the answers to our questions. Sometimes it felt like maybe there is really a master plan somewhere and someone out there, really has all the answers. And maybe it is pure wisdom when wiser friends tell me that everything happens for a reason and every new person we meet has a purpose to serve. Everyone who crosses our paths serves a purpose - to teach us a lesson or two, to straighten something out, or to solve a problem somehow. Some are here to stay for a long time, some only for a brief moment. And when they have served the intended purpose, we have to let them go and say goodbyes. Instead of remembering the loss of a friend, perhaps we should cherish the good moments and remind ourselves that such is life.. it is akin a gathering and we are the host. When the party is over and our guests leave, we bid farewell gracefully, clean up the house and remember the good times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...