Monday, October 22, 2007

What is Heaven?

Marcus asked me that today when he heard the word in the lyrics of "This Old Man". I explained that it is a place which is very far away, somewhere further away from the sky that is supposed to be very beautiful. And that it is the God's home.

Then he asked me if it is the same as the xxx church which is near us - the one that he always thinks God resides in. I told him that God lives in heaven, but his presence may be felt at the church, though I wasn't sure he got that. And I added that maybe some people may think that God come visit them at the church sometime.

Next he asked "Mama, can God die?"

Gosh! I am greatly surprised by his question. How on end did he get that idea to even ask in the first place? And why would he think about that? Anyway, I explained that God is supposed to be living forever, so I don't think he can die now. Err.. I know it is lame.

I am definitely not properly equipped with the knowledge to explain to him or answer his questions of such nature. Maybe we should start exposing him to Buddhism instead which I know more of. Hmm..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...