Sunday, October 14, 2007

As sticky as glue

It is 4am and I can't sleep again, though I am so tired.

Poor baby Nicholas has been sick for 3 days now, though he does appear to be recovering. The vomitting and diarrhea have stopped and the fever has subsided. Hopefully he will feel better in the morning.

He has been super clingy. As sticky as glue. From the moment he wakes till he is down for a nap, he only wants *me* to carry and cuddle him. No one else can take over without him crying big time and he doesn't stop crying till he is back into my arms. I have to carry him standing up, or walking around. So that was what I have been doing the past few days.

I feel so bad to have to neglect Marcus. From time to time, he would come to me and tell me he wants to cuddle mama. Sometimes he wants me to put Nicholas down so he can be "on top of mama" when I cuddle him. After being told repeatedly that he has to share mama and we can all cuddle together, today, he came to me and said "I want to cuddle mama. I want to share." aww... my lil boy.

Sometimes he sees me patting Nicholas in the room and he would peep through the door. I had to motion to him to go away and I always feel so bad doing that. Now he understands and whenever I gestured to him to go away and be quiet, he would tiptoe out of the room and quietly close the door behind him. He is really neglected. I don't even get to spend an hour in total with him alone. When Nicholas naps, I had to do some light chores now that the maid is sick too. So Marcus just plays on his own most of the time and watches plenty of DVDs. Again, this is his one week school break and like the previous one, his lil bro' was sick too. So we ended up stuck at home instead of going out to have fun.

I promise him that when papa comes back and Nicholas is all well, I will take him on buses. He asked "The long, long bus? Can we sit at the back? Not the front." Of course, my sweetheart. I kept telling him that he is such a good boy and it makes mummy so happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Marcus is such a sensible sweetie. Hope Nicholas gets well soon. Luke threw up big time last week and he was extremely clingy and exhausting as well 'cos he wasn't feeling too good. Take care, all of you.

DG said...

Thanks Val. Marcus is really a sweetie for which I am thankful. If only I have more time to spare for him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...