Monday, September 3, 2007

Three year old

Marcus turns 3 today! 

I couldn't stop admiring and kissing him the whole day. And I couldn't stop comparing him now with the first time I saw him, i.e. when Dr. Tseng first held him up to show me and he was all wet and puffy and crying loudly. My boy has grown so much. I am a proud mummy and I wish that he can feel every bit of my love for him.

When I picked him up from school today, he insisted on giving me kisses and when we were waiting for the lift at the condo lobby, he cupped my face, looked at me seriously and and told me he is going to kiss mama, which he did. He planted 12 wet kisses on my cheeks and lips and announced later that he "loves me and has just kissed mama". Aww...

We felt some guilt that he didn't get to do anything special today. It is a school day, so he still had to go to school since I forbid skipping school for non-medical reasons. Papa was heartbroken when he cried outside class and wanted to follow papa to work. Back home, he just stayed in the whole afternoon to play with his toys and seemed contented enough, though occasionally he would look out of the window and tell me "mama, it is raining, so we must take taxi to go Toys R Us". We didn't make it to Toys R Us anyway, but shall make up to him this week.

Toys R Us is his current top destination choice and it probably will stay so for a while. Whenever he gets into a taxi, he would instruct the driver "Uncle, go Toys R Us please." Sometimes he will tell me "Mama, Toys R Us is waiting for me.", or " I need to go to Toys R Us to buy more toys".

In his role plays with his toys, he would pretend that the fire-engine is going to Toys R Us to put out fire or that the policeman is driving the police car to Toys R Us. Sometimes, Sulley or Boo will go there and wait for Marcus to buy toys together.

He told E earlier that "Marcus will take papa to school and collect you later". When asked, where will Marcus be going then, he replied "to Toys R Us".

4 comments:

M said...

Happy BD to Marcus! :D

Anonymous said...

Was just thinking of Marcus that day and how he's like L in his love for wheels. Happy Birthday, Marcus! Have fun at Toys R Us :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Marcus!

DG said...

Thank you, Mel, Val and Jen. He is having his belated birthday bash on Saturday. We are going to make sure he gets his well-deserved trip to Toys R Us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...