Saturday, August 25, 2007

This little Piggy

I was never a soft toy lover, much less a collector since young. I always think that has to do with my lack of childhood and toys.

The first soft toy I ever had was at my 12th birthday party. That was the first party my dad decided to throw for me, which was on hindsight a wonderful thought of his, considering how tight money was back then. A few boys from class chipped in to buy me a $15 cuddly white lion with lilac mane. I didn't really appreciate it very much, but it seemed too precious to give away, so I kept it in its original wrapper for a few years. When it was finally out of the storage place, my siblings played with it for a while and it soon got dirty and I forgot where it ended. Didn't miss it either.

I finally fell in love with a Pooh bear when I was 26, an affair which lasted a year.

Since Marcus' arrival, we have gotten our fair share of soft toys, none of which I contributed. It is just not priority for me to buy a boy cuddly toys, and I can't explain why. I rather spend the money on books, clothes, other more boyish and/or educational toys than a cuddly bundle. But amongst the 25 or so pieces of cuddlies we have got for the boys, I've got a few favourites like the Pooky, Teddy Bear and the Pig. And the latest addition to the collection is the little Piggy which E bought for Nicholas for his first Xmas. It was supposed to be the first Xmas present that Marcus gave to his baby brother.

Both boys fight over it daily. Nicholas talks to Piggy, rolls in bed with him and give him cuddles. Piggy makes Nicholas smile and cheers up the crying baby. Marcus wants Piggy to accompany him around the house and makes Piggy his special audience who inspects Marcus' latest projects and shares his ideas.

Marcus invited Piggy to sit there and watch him spell out his favourite mode of public transport.




This little piggy is certainly worth every penny. So much so that I am considering buying another 2. One for Marcus and one for me. Haha!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...