Sunday, August 19, 2007

A colourful world









Some of Marcus' colouful drawings done in August.

Since we bought Marcus his first box of colour pencils, he has been drawing buses and taxis and filling them with vibrant colours. His first experimentation was with the white colour pencil, which he learnt quickly that it doesn't show up on a white paper. So when the adults weren't looking, he drew a white bus on his red Ikea table. Heehee.. But it didn't take us much to get him to own up to it. When I saw the white bus, I asked him if he knew who drew it and he just paused, then told me "umm... it's Marcus, mama." I told him again then that the colour pencils are for drawing on papers only, not the table, he replied "ok mama, sorry". Aww... I wasn't expecting an apology and i wasn't even upset!

I am amazed how he could keep all the colours within the lines without our help at all. I could remember how my mum had to guide my hand to colour within the lines for my K1 homework! I showed him how to draw flowers, birds, trees and clouds, but he still prefers to draw his buses and taxis. Haha!

Ever since I first explained to him about the advertisement on the public transport, he has been fascinated by them. He would point out the advertisements on the buses and taxis whenever we see them on the roads and even reflect them in his drawings and construct them with his Mosaic Lego set.


According to Marcus, the white part is the advertisement on the double decker bus, and the stars in the picture below is a Star advertisement! :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...