Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Four Wheels


It has been nearly a month since I collected the car and I am loving it more and more each day.

I have never imagined I would say this, but the truth is I really enjoy driving my car.

After years of resisting car ownership and detesting the idea of driving and becoming the obligatory chauffeur to the extended family, we finally caved in late last year. More accurately, I should say I was the one who caved in, since all along E had always been the one who said "go and pick a car if you decide to drive", whereas I would procrastinate.

I was never keen on driving. Period.

It was ironic that months after deciding on the new address, we would become more convinced of the merits of owning a car to transport the boys to school. Anyway, I didn't dash to the showrooms instantly and postponed any test driving till this April.

After speaking to friends and relatives and doing my own research, we decided on a car that went against all my initial instincts.

Interestingly, this was the first car that I checked out in the first showroom and after that first "meeting", I looked at hundreds of photos of different makes/models and even read countless reviews (I became the car geek that  I never thought I would become), but somehow I could not shake off the "love at first meeting" feeling. I felt like there was something so "right" about the car for our family but at the same time, I had my concerns because it was so different from my initial idea of the "suitable" car for us.

When I finally decided on the car, it was down to the "difficult" decision of picking the colour. Every member of the family had a say in the matter and it was really funny to listen to their choices. The toddler insisted it had to be a green car. Yikes! Luckily, a few days later, she decided she would be happy with a pink Hello Kitty car. Haha...

Thankfully, she didn't protest when she finally saw the car and realized it was not any shade of pink, nor were there any illustrations of the kitty. But we did promise to get her a red car seat, as a compromise of sort, which we delivered a week later. The tot has been sufficiently satisfied so far. The boys have been absolutely delighted with mummy behind the wheel, and looking forward to the bigger promise of adventures and explorations in the months and years to come.










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...