Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Worm



I found this fascinating drawing, on a slightly scrunched up used paper (an old worksheet), in M's school bag one night.

Not only did the illustration intrigue me, it also evoked a slight fear and wonderment in me. It was hard not to admire the details that he had painstakingly included, which is a very typical style of his drawings.

I cannot help wondering and marveling at the way his mind works. He may only be 9 years old, but his mind certainly works very differently from mine, whether when I was at his age or even now. In all honesty, I don't think I will ever be able to produce a piece like this in a million years.

He told me the next morning that this was not a new drawing at all. In fact he completed it months ago, over many days, during the pockets of free time he had during lessons (after he finished his class work). That was why the paper was slightly scrunched up, after all the handling and placed hastily in between books and files.

It was simply named 'The Worm'.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...