Monday, April 15, 2013

Throw

To keep the tot in the high chair for a little longer after her lunch, she was given the shape sorter.

10 min later, she had enough and started demanding 'go down, go down'. I coaxed, patronised and promised 'just a little while more'.

After a few more pleas, she tried a different trick.




She watched my reaction intently. Mummy laughed. The tot was at first confused. A second or two later, she covered her mouth and let out a big laugh too.

I probably shouldn't have laughed. Maybe a stern face and a telling-off or reminder would be more appropriate. But I must admit after all these years of parenting, I am trying to laugh more at the little things. Not that it is unimportant to teach her the rights from the wrongs, I just figured a little leeway doesn't hurt at times.

Anyway, the 'no throwing' reminder did follow swiftly after. And I am pretty sure she got it, though it doesn't mean there won't be another addition to my lunch in the near future. After all, it is the phase of testing boundaries.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...