Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Neglect


CIMG1908


My conscience gets pricked a lot these days. It would be a lie to say I don't feel guilty towards him.

It is all too easy to focus more on the baby's needs and his older sibling's school work when I am pressed for time. To make time just to play and read with him is a tall order on most days. As a result, he gets turned away a lot more than I like.

And I just know, E would be quick to remind me of the middle-child-syndrome, something which he understands too well.

I don't know if Chip truly understands that mummy is really trying hard to split my 24 hours as well as I can, playing all my roles as mum, cleaner, cook, teacher, wife and daughter.

I hope he doesn't grow up with the memory of being grossly neglected and thinks that it is all because he is the middle child.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...