Friday, October 15, 2010

Dream a little dream


My 4 years old Chip has been dreaming a lot lately. 

Almost every morning, he will greet me with details of his vivid dreams. Some were cute and hilarious, but others were a little too intense and thrilling for my liking. 

After a while, I can't tell if all these scenes were encountered when he was in dreamland or did he spin up fancy stories to get my attention. He does have a fascinating imagination, so I won't be too surprised if some of these were totally made up. 

Dream 1: Shark's Tale
A few weeks ago when we were in Hong Kong, he told us of this fearsome shark that came to his dreams. 

Marcus was swimming in the ocean and this great white shark wanted to attack him because it was hungry. Marcus was close to being bitten when luckily I dived in and fought the shark with my strong hands. Finally, I threw the shark out of the water and saved Marcus. Then I cut off the shark's tail and brought the monster home for mummy to cut into pieces before cooking it. Then mummy served us shark for lunch. 

Haha... Chip likes to think of himself as the strongest, fiercest and biggest who can take on anything. He is at the 'Chip the hero' stage! :> 


Dream 2: Squashed Piggy
Piggy was crossing the road when a big bus came from behind him and the wheels squashed Piggy. So he died. Then a dog came and ate him. Because he became pork.


Dream 3: Komodo and Piggy
A monster komodo dragon ate up piggy wiggy. I was sad. But later, Piggy wiggy came out of the komodo dragon's tummy and ate the komodo's stomach instead. 

(I went "eew!")


Dream 4: Piggy went missing
I (referring to himself) was reading story to Piggy, then he just disappeared (his choice of word). I couldn't find him. Then I saw a man. He caught Piggy and cooked him. Then ate Piggy. Poor Piggy. 


Dream 5: Lost in school 
This was what he told me two days ago. Came to my bed at 5am and whispered into my ears 'Mummy, I dreamt I was lost in school. You went home without me, Mummy.

Aww...  In my arms, he shared the whole dream.. 

I was waiting for you and a blue boy (he later clarified it was a boy in blue clothes) wanted to fight me, so I had to defend myself. I fought back. But you came and didn't see me. You went home with only Marcus. After I fought the boy, I couldn't find you. I was lost in school. All alone, Mummy. I was all alone. 

Aww... I cuddled him so tight and assured him that I would never leave him behind anywhere and I would always find him, no matter where he was. 

My little baby... the warmth of my assurance and cuddles must have been so soothing for he was sound asleep a moment later, for a straight 4 more hours!


 



2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

What vivid dreams he has, and what is even more impressive is his descriptive vocabulary when recounting the dreams to you! He has the potential of a little story-teller :)

DG said...

Yup, he is a story-teller for sure. I suspect some of these "dreams" are made-up to get our attention. Haha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...