Friday, March 12, 2010

That Funny Bone





A few months ago, my 5.5 yr old M chanced upon the world of comics!

First, he tiptoed in with a few peeks at daddy's Calvin and Hobbs, out of sheer curiosity. It didn't take him long to realize the treasure he had uncovered amongst E's huge stack.
































For the days that followed, all he wanted to do was to sandwich his face between the pages and laugh himself silly. A potent source of merriment indeed!

He read the thick comic book from cover to cover, pausing only to go to the bathroom. I had to drag him to the table for meals and after that, he would head straight back to the books for more humor!

Once he was done with laughing over the antics of the ever-so-adventurous and imaginative 6-year-old Calvin, he moved on to Charles M. Schulz's Peanuts and is now acquainted with Charlie Brown and Snoopy! Haha! 

Last week, when I was in the midst of shampooing his hair, he chuckled and eyed me cheekily before asking me the funniest question I have ever heard in the last 5.5 years - 

'What is the difference between a garden slug and a two-inch living booger?  Hahaha!'.... 

I LOVE this boy! 


2 comments:

Alice Law said...

Wooo... I love comics too!!

I believe it's a good start for your boy to engage in comic world and gradually he might start his own creation! I loved to sketch my own comic when I was a kid... it's so fun!

DG said...

Wow! you can draw comics! That is amazing gift. I always admire people who can draw. I can't draw to save my life. :D I would be so happy if my boy starts drawing comics. Haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...