Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colorful Fish In Ocean

My boys initiated this idea one afternoon with utmost enthusiasm. So, of course I was more than happy to shelve my to-do list and we spent the next 3 hrs together. 

They didn't need much help with the artwork. But I had to help organize the materials on the table and take out the stationery and paint materials they need. (I must really find a way to reorganize our storage so that they can access everything themselves).

My 3 y.o. added colors and more colors over his white canvas ..... 

Adding textures.... 

A creature of the sea which he drew on his own .....  (I love love love LOVE this!)

Colored in with oil pastels and lined with black marker....  before cutting it out....

and assembled with yellow rocks on ocean bed.... 

... decorated with silver and gold bubbles and colorful glitters... (He asked me to add in a gold spiral 'coral' and I held his hand for the second one. He added the third.)


And this was done by M, his 5 y.o brother who worked alongside. M added green sea grass and beautiful gold rocks and green corals. When he finished his piece, he exclaimed proudly and excitedly 'Mama, look at my work! I am an artist!'  :>

2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Both are excellent pieces of work! I am impressed by the meticulous way your younger boy can slave over his creation! incidentally, our homelearning theme this month is also on fishes - this is yet another inspiration!

DG said...

Thanks. My 3 year old does have very good concentration and is usually more than happy to work through his art/craft for hours at one go. Sometimes, mummy is the one who needs to rest!

Fishes and ocean creatures are such great themes to pursue, aren't they? We just kept revisiting these themes. We have done a whole lot of crafts recently but I have yet to upload the photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...