Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Age of the New Dinosaurs

"I'm a discoverer, Mummy!" 

That was what my 5 yr old said one day.  

On his adventures, he would come across all sorts of strange dinosaurs that paleontologists have never seen. Only he knows how they look like and what they do and eat. So he is drawing them everyday to add to our vastly growing collection.

We must have over 300 drawings of his dinosaurs now, not counting those which we have 'misplaced'. He can easily churn out an average of 3 pieces a day during this 'highly artistic and inspired' phase.

These are some of the latest with fascinating details. 

hee hee... I love the jaws and teeth! 

I just adore the details on this robotic dino. He drew the little people to show contrast in size. :) 

Three heads on a body! Every monster and dinosaur must have an unique name. 

Love the tail on this one which he dedicated to Papa.

This one accidentally shot the Sun, hence the Sun in pieces (at the bottom). Haha! 

This one made me laugh! Looks a little like the creature in a Dr Seuss book.


This dino with giant jaws loves music, and it just chewed up all our musical instruments. Dedicated to Mama as I was very sweet to him that day. Hee... 


The life cycle of dinosaurs. And the book which contains the details. :>

3 comments:

3lilangels said...

Thanks for this post. Now my 5 yr old is inspired to make up his own dinosaurs with funny names too.

KoLe said...

his drawings never fail to cheer me up :)

tell him I think he is The Number 1 dinosaurs discoverer. :)

DG said...

hi 3lilangels, you are welcome! I told M that he inspired another 5 yr old to draw. It makes him happy. Then he added a 'I know I should make a book, so that more 5 year old can be inspired.' Haha.

Hi Kole, I just mentioned to him and he is so pleased! He now said he wants to draw something for you too. :>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...