Sunday, August 30, 2009

No Shortage of Crafts

Just going through my blog archives, I realised that I have not been blogging much about our crafts since the Tots University started. 

It may seem like the kids aren't doing much now, but on the contrary, they have been doing more. 

Since both boys have been participating in my lapbooking classes, they get to make between 3 to 5 art and/or craft pieces for each lapbook. These are in addition to the ones that we make at home, just between the 3 of us. 

Right now, we are all adjusting to our new routine, so I am not doing anything structured with the kids on a daily basis. M is involved in 2 lapbooking classes anyway, so there is plenty to learn. 

Hopefully in another two weeks, I will be ready to charge ahead with a new homeschooling plan for both boys. I love the planning stage when I organise the millions of ideas I have in my head into lesson plans. I won't deny the joy I get in executing my plans too - the satisfaction of checking off each item on my lesson plan, whether it's for my boys or students (of my classes), is immeasurable. 

Just last week, E commented that my work at The Tots University must be extremely rewarding and he can see why I am enjoying it. He is so right - my hours of input are directly translated into measurable output, in terms of completed lapbooks, hours of lessons and I can see the improvement (skills, knowledge gain etc) in the kids I coach. Not every job offers such rewards. So I am loving it! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...