Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Little Mr Fix-It



My 2.5yo was at Raffles City with me a while back. We walked past Timberland and he was totally captivated by the torn paper. 

He strayed from his game of hopping on all the squarish tiles on the floor and stared at it for a few moments. 

"Why is that paper torn? Why are the shoes inside the holes? Who tore the papers? Why?"

Then came a few minutes of determined effort to 'fix the problem'. The little guy tiptoed as best as he could to reach the paper in his attempts to cover up the holes. When he realised he was still inches too short, he insisted that I carry him.

I did what a supportive mum would do and lifted him up for as long as he wanted me to. 

We were quite a spectacle. The salespeople were kind and amused enough to indulge my boy. So were the long lines of people coming down the escalator. Most smiled sweetly at me, perhaps in appreciation of my son's well-meaning gesture. 

After a tiring few minutes, I heard a 'Okay mama, I want to come down now. This paper is torn! Cannot fix it anymore. Let's go!'

Hahaha!

2 comments:

KoLe said...

an environment warrior in the making!
kudos to his supportive mum too,
most parents will just shush and shoo their kids away

:)

DG said...

Yah.. i know what you mean. I don't get easily embarrassed by stares from passers-by. :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...