Friday, April 10, 2009

Chipsy is 2.5 yo!

My beautiful baby is 30 month old today. 


For some inexplicable reasons, I always get rather emotional when my child turns 2.5 year old. It was the same for M before.

I had originally wanted to write him a letter on this day, so that one day when he is old enough to read the blog himself, he would be able to read my words and understand how I feel today.

After writing so much on a daily basis about my boys, I thought words should flow easily when I want to pen my thoughts into a beautiful letter. But I couldn't type further than 'Dear N'. 

I have lots of mixed emotions. 

Perhaps it's because subconsciously, I feel that once my baby is 30 month old, he is on to a different phase. From now on, he will be growing up so fast out of toddlerhood and very soon, in fact too soon, he will shed even the last hint of babyishness. 

And I can't bear that. 

Yet, as a mother, I can't wait either to watch him grow and experience more from the world. I can't wait to share more of my world with him. So there is a constant dilemma in my mind. Of course, not that there is anything I can do to slow him down, or that I would even want to.





These photos bring me so much sunshine whenever I look at them. These are expressions that I see everyday from him. 

Oh how I love those sparkling eyes and cheeky smile that accompanies all his cute antics! 

I hope I will never forget in years to come how my precious little baby used to be when he was still little. 

5 comments:

Ivana said...

You've summed up my thoughts exactly... sigh... They grow up so so fast...I want my baby back.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post xxxxxH

DG said...

Er.. actually i don't really want the baby back in the baby state.. I just wish I can toggle between baby and toddler. Haha.. Of course it is only my wishful thinking. But treasure B in her current state! Gosh, no matter what others say.. I think 2 to 3yo is the cutest time of all!

M said...

Have another, hehe!
The other day I saw a cute 1+ boy and melted, hmm. But I can't cope with all this housework as it is, oh well.

Anyway... the pics are beautiful- studio shots? From where? :)

DG said...

Mel, haha! Great suggestion! And I will definitely do that if I can deliver a 12 month old instead of a wriggly bundle. :P photos from studio loft.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...