Monday, March 23, 2009

New Playmates

Of all the play dates that my boys have in a week, two of them are weekly arrangements with regular play mates. There are also a few families we meet with once to thrice a month. Throw in a few more ad hoc sessions with neighbours and friends from school and my boys easily have between 3 and 5 play dates a week.

Some weeks, our schedule is so packed that when friends ask to meet up, we ended up having to schedule for a few weeks ahead! It sounds really crazy, but that is the reality when there is more than a child in the family and I try to include play dates for both kids. 

Lately, Chipsy has been talking a lot about a few of his new friends. Out of the blue, he would ask about Ethel or say how much he likes to play with Lucas. 

It is always lovely to see our kid interacting freely and confidently with others.

During a craft session in one of the playgroups. Some kids tend to participate more enthusiastically when the activities are led by other adults and when they are with friends. Thankfully, Chipsy is as zealous about learning at home alone with me as he is with a bunch of friends.

A little competition here on who can slide down faster. :P

A little friendship blossoming here...  Little Chip asked where his friend was and when he spotted her alone on the bench, he dashed over to keep her company. They stayed like this for over 15 minutes before the adults hurried them off to lunch.


The water babies hit the pool after one of our play dates. 

M has also been asking daily if he could invite this boy and that girl over to play after school. He is clearly forming strong friendships with a few kids from school. So I shall try to accomodate his request at least once a week.

On some days when I feel especially energetic (and ambitious), there may be a play date in the morning, a swim in the afternoon, followed by another sand play session in the evening. Time just flies by so quickly that I don't even have time to realise how tired I am till the boys hit the sack. 

I figured that should be what childhood is all about - lots of play and more play. And since children don't remember much of their early years, my daily journaling in this blog should help jog their memory in future. And probably mine too.

2 comments:

Handydog said...

Awww...How sweet! I just love how they interact with each other.

lishan17 said...

Hmm... I actually remember quite alot of my childhood, especially things which i do quite often and everything I've learnt. Especially when Marcus and Nicholas are such intelligent children, Im sure they will recall many things they have done when they were young. =) I miss my childhood as I had fun, and Marcus and Nicholas is certainly busy with lots of good activity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...