Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Very Hectic (but Typical) Week

Last week, we had/did .... 

Five playdates (and this doesn't include ad hoc time spent at playgrounds)
Four sessions of sand play
Three farms visits
Two boys' full week of homeschooling activities
One birthday party and one library visit
Half day of outing to the countryside

Like our typical homeschooling week, we covered a good lot of stuff. 

For the 4yo, we covered activities on Chinese, Maths and project work that is based on his current interests, and activities based on theme from a book. Currently, we are working on How to Make An Apple Pie and See The World. 

He also joined in for other arts/crafts and science stuff that I did with the 2yo and we had to find time to practise piano. 

For the 2yo, we covered the colour silver, letter L, shape hexagon, reinforced the numerals 1 to 10 with counting games, sensorial activities on tastebuds, concepts of straight vs wavy, hard vs soft, introduction to superlatives, did 4 crafts, some art and painting activities (structured and unstructured), daily english and chinese reading, word and picture flash cards, art appreciation, work on jig saw puzzles and Montessori materials, animal/veg/fruits introduction (as usual I introduce one of each type a week in details), thematic activities on theme of Frog (anatomy, life cycle, diet, species, music & movement, crafts, vocabulary and language arts, nursery rhymes, poetry) and right brain training using shichida materials. 

In addition to this, the 2yo joined in on the activities that I did with the 4yo on How to Make Apple Pie and See the World. 

Add to the list is the usual ferrying to and fro enrichment classes and daily school, my own cooking class, exercise sessions, shopping and ten cooked meals. 

I am exhausted!! 




But a face like this makes it all worth it.

12 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

I am worned out just reading about it. What a Mom!

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

DG said...

LOL Shari! I take that as a compliment. :) It helps that my boys enjoy the homeschooling activities and are keen to participate, otherwise it will surely be seen as a chore for me.

SGPmum said...

wow... that sounds like alot. You must be tired out. But I really look up to you for all the good work you are doing. Keeps reminding me that I need to work harder at my own homeschooling.

DG said...

Thanks SGPmum! I was tired out, but more due to the back to back outdoor activities we did last week.

I know it will be easier on me if I just take the easy way out and let them watch TV instead of doing structured activities. But seeing how much they learn and enjoying every bit of it spurs me on.

Anonymous said...

What a cheeky boy!! xxxxH

Lilian said...

You're doing so amazingly well. I got exhausted just reading what you guys did this week, which you call Typical. *FAINT* Well done!

DG said...

Haha Lilian. Luckily, we don't visit farms every week, which was the major energy sapper.

Anonymous said...

OMG! u r one efficient mum. i'm always very inspired by u. keep it up.

DG said...

Thanks Kelly. So you know why I can't imagine having a 3rd kid. :)

Administrator said...

A job well done! I wouldnt be able to achieve all that you did even if I didnt return to the workforce :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I am also a stay-home mum with 2 kids. About the same age as yours. Kudos to you!

All I manage to do on most days, is just take them to playground (so they play while I sit around and chat with other mums - no energy expense on my part!), some simple reading and that is it!

Your energy level is simply amazing. Your kids are lucky to have such a wonderful mum who takes time to do all these things with them.

DG said...

Thanks Contentedmom and Anon for the encouraging words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...