Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back to Reading

Before I got married, I used to go through phases when I would read 10-12 books in a month or nothing for a few months. I can easily read a 300 pages novel in a few days or half of that in a 12-hr plane ride if the story is gripping enough. 

But I haven't read novels for a long time. The last one was Honeymoon by James Patterson which I finished in Nov 2007. I think I read Blowing My Cover by Lindsay Moran at around the same time, though it isn't really a novel. More like a memoir. 

All the ones I read in 2008 were non-fiction and not exactly light reads. Though I have a dozen of titles sitting in the study waiting for my nightly caress, I still have yet to pick them as my daily companions. 

But I know I will get there. 



After these books, I am going to return to some serious indulgence in novels, biographies and memoirs. Perhaps some more of James Patterson's, the Woody Allen's Mere Anarchy and Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. 


2 comments:

Ivana said...

I'd like to recommend The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

DG said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I always welcome friends' list - especially from those like-minded ones whom I know read a lot. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...