Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bento #25 - Owl Bento



For Marcus' school lunch this week. 

Left: brown rice, carrots, boiled egg, nori seaweed
Right: apples, steamed peas, half a Japanese rice cracker with black sesame, stir-fried cabbage and grilled honey & soy salmon with 2 more carrot slices. 

I promised him that I would add the Jap rice cracker but ran of space to include a whole piece which is rather big. So had to squeeze half of it into the little space I found between the apples and peas. 

Nicholas had similar lunch (brown rice, salmon, peas and cabbage) which I packed into a 300ml Lock n Lock container for ease of feeding after our shopping trip. Didn't have enough time to arrange in any pretty manner, so it's not photo worthy. 

Both boys loved their bento lunches. Every edible morsel was eaten!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely owl!

Anonymous said...

I have been checking out your bentos every week. I love your creations so much! You are really a hardworking and loving mum.

Anonymous said...

wow another bento making mama! yum yum! thanks for dropping by my site.

monlim said...

Wah, you really put so much effort into making your kids' bento boxes look great! And they're nutritious too. Your kids are so going to thank you when they grow up.

DG said...

Anon, thanks for the kind words. :)

4malmal, thanks for dropping by too.

monlim, I do try to make their meals look fun on days when I have a little more time. It is nice that Marcus is already very appreciative right now. But I have lots of fun doing it too. It's like a hobby. :)

3lilangels said...

The owl is fantastic. Bento-ing is a hobby for me too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...