Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In class observation

E and I took turns to stay in class to observe M for the first time since he started school a year ago. I have been doing ad hoc observation outside his class once in a while but this is the first time we actually sat inside. Of course with our presence, we understand that M's and the teachers' behaviour may be influenced to some extent but I must admit that I am still very impressed with the whole Montessori setting and way of learning. The co-operation between kids, the independence and intense concentration evident in some kids while they work on their own, the freedom to work more or less on some materials that the kids fancy, the individualised learning path, the way kids are respected and talked to etc.. 

The 15 min I was in class, I observed the teacher guided M on a Maths worksheet. I have been wondering how they 'guide' him on addition. So now I know...  :)


2 comments:

Chai said...

Hi

I am looking for playground or childcare for my 14mths old boy.

Can you share any good recommendation around Yishun?
Or any good school and I will check any branch in Yishun.

What are the pointers you look for?
Plan to go for school hunting this few mths.

DG said...

Hi Chai, I did a lot of research when I was first scouting around for schools for my first born. I evaluate schools based on many factors. But it all depends on what is important to you. Too much to write and share here. But when you come for class, we can have a good chat and I can share with you what I know. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...