Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am a Rat!

Inspired by Ratatouille, Marcus self-declared himself to be the Little Chef, a.k.a. the Rat! He corrects us if we call him a boy, and would proudly explain that he is actually a rat and yes, he is a chef too. 

And usually without hesitation, he would enthusiastically jog to "his kitchen" to whip up a few quick dishes to impress us.

His repertoire includes soup, some fried chicken and rice, fish and chips or sometimes just some baked ice. The last dish sounds dubious, I know, which is just a few toy ice cubes placed on a plate and baked in the oven. I have tried explaining that it is impossible to have something like "baked ice" as the ice will melt in the oven and there will only be a puddle of warm water left. But he always dismisses my explanation with a wave of hand and a stunned look as if his mummy is an idiot when it comes to haute cuisine and how can I even question him!! So I ended up pretending to relish in the "whatever" that he serves me and greedily ask for more, which pleases him immensely.

Nicholas has been allowed to sit besides Marcus to watch Ratatouille on most days and as a 17th month toddler, he is watching way too much TV for my liking really. Well, I rationalise that since the weather these days aren't permitting of much outdoor activities and with the common flu and stomach flu and whats not that are commonly hanging around malls, my boys are much better off watching comedy like Ratatouille and Ice Age. Besides my health was suffering a little lately, so I am conserving energy and shall make up when my engine is up and ready. 

The little tot can sit through a big chunk of the movie which sort of scares me sometimes, but I refuse to believe that he will suffer the side effects of TV watching. Maybe I am in denial, but so far he still behaves like any other healthy tot with an ever improving attention and concentration span. 

It is fascinating to watch how he goes about his "business" with a little plan and as he dissects or builds his little projects, he searches around for resources to help him, be it our hands or Marcus' or some implements or other toys.

His fine and gross motor skills are very advanced too and now my interests and curiosity is piqued. I shall dig out my reference books on developmental milestones and chart my baby's growth... hmm... 

I am quite sure he is fairly advanced in many areas and maybe my next project shall be to jumpstart his development in some areas and set some KPIs for myself to be measured in near future.. Ok now I am rambling... time to hit the gym!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...