Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby

Once in a while, Marcus does exhibit behaviour or thoughts that piqued my curiosity and just dumbfounded me. I am sure there must be some literature written somewhere if I search hard enough that will explain simply the motivation and reasons for the behaviour in question.

Anyway, today, as E was reading him his bedtime story - for strange reasons they selected The Human Anatomy as the bedtime book to read - E went on to read about the unborn baby in the womb. Out of the blue, Marcus said he wanted to be back in mummy's tummy again like before and just looked so sad suddenly.. with his lower lip curled downward and his almond eyes all squeezed tight, he cuddled up close to E who called me to come over and give the boy a hug. He wouldn't explain why he wanted to be back in my tummy again, but I don't have a single clue why he would either. I just gave him a warm tight hug and told him that I love him so much when he was in my tummy and now that he is out, I love him just as much and maybe even more, followed by planting plenty of kisses on his chocolate smelling forehead (from touching his forehead with his hands after eating M&Ms).

Few weeks ago, Marcus and I talked about babies and how they stayed inside the mother's tummy for a few months before they were born. Marcus asked lots of questions and said he wanted a baby sister as he already has a baby brother. I was surprised that at his age, the gender of a sibling would matter to him enough for him to make his opinion known. That being the first of such discussion shows his level of readiness to discuss more of that topic in near future. Already, a few days afterwards, he readily raised that subject matter again in earnest and asked me if there was a baby sister in my tummy already and if he could touch her. He was sad with my reply and looked at me with sad eyes and more questions. I thought of the possibility of being very close to my 2 grown up sons in future and it certainly warms my heart to look forward to that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...