Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snacking

I used to be so strict and careful about what Marcus ate since he started solid food and even by the time he was past 2, he wasn't given candies, or chocolate or any junk if I could help it. As a result, he dislike juice of any sorts, anything too sweet like candy, chocolate, cake or even ice cream. Since he started school in May last year, he started getting cakes and sweets in school whenever there is a birthday party and one day I was surprised to see chocolate all over his mouth when he walked out of classroom. Later he told me he had 2 slices of chocolate cake and 'it was yummy, mummy' according to him. That sort of started the precedent. Anyway, at that age, I started to be more relaxed about junk getting into his system as I was fairly convinced how strong his immune system is by now after his daily dosage of superb quality USANIMALS.

Now he gets treats from me and E all the time and I am shameful to admit we buy him choc-n-nuts donut, egg tart and mashmallow a few times a week even. Well, just looking at how his eyes shine in delight as he watches me unravel the mysterious treat from a bag is enough to give me the satisfaction and deluded sense of accomplishment of making my son happy. Haha! In a small sense, it did. Anyway, I rationalise that he eats well most of the time and some treats once in a while is not going to hurt.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...