Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lemon loaf cake

I love baking and cooking in general. It makes me feel accomplished and is the sort of challenge that is slightly stimulating for the grey matter and with a rewarding result in the very near future. I don't remember making anything that is near disaster yet, but then again, as a perfectionist as I am in every other ways, I am usually not as critical about my own culinary skills. Oops! I think most stuff are edible anyway, the only questions are 'how heavenly do they taste' and 'how beautifully are they presented'. There is always room for improvement though.

After hesitating for the longest time to bake another cake, I finally baked a lemon loaf cake. Easy peasy and tastes yummy. I like the rough texture which is a cross between bread and cake. It is not the silken smooth texture that is all buttery type, which is definitely sinfully divine in itself. This, I think, has its own appeal and already I have eaten a quarter of the cake while admiring it. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...