Wednesday, February 13, 2008

10 km

One of my new year resolutions which I set with Carol - to do a 10 km run together this year. The furthest distance I ever competed on was 3.2 km when I was 15 and I have always disliked running. But I guess it is a good goal to aim for and I have always been competitive. So why not now!

I did a 5 km on the treadmill on Sunday, which consisted of jogging, sprinting and brisk walking and it took me 30 min. Not good enough as I know I can push myself further. Targeting 20 min for 5 km. Did a 30 min cycling in the gym yesterday and did 15km on alpine trails, level 7. I got all inspired by this guy who was besides me on Sunday and he was huffing and puffing so much on the stationery bike for over 45 min. He looks strong to me, so perhaps he was on level 10! Went to the gym and yoga on alternate days recently and the result - I feel great! 

Whenever I leave home for the gym or yoga, I get questioned by Marcus if he is around. A typical Q &A follows: 

Marcus: Mama, why are you going to the gym? 

Me: To exercise, sweetheart. 

Marcus: Why do you want to exercise? I want to come along too. 

Me: To be healthy. It is not for kids. Only adults can go to the gym. 

Marcus: Why not for kids? I want to exercise too. I want to be healthy too. 

Haha! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...