Wednesday, November 7, 2007

First Steps

Baby N finally took his first steps on his own!

He walked 3 steps unassisted last night while I was out and E and helper were around to witness. I felt a little sad (only for a really brief moment) that I missed it but I am realistic enough to realise that it is inevitable. Anyway, the exciting thing is he has begun his first steps and very soon, will be walking on his own and exploring his world without much assistance. Aww... today, he just kept trying on helper's encouragement and I must admit that I feel rather relieved to see how much encouragement and love she has for him. I like to think that she really feels something for this little baby and it is comforting to know that, especially now that I am making plans to return to work in a few months.

While I watched N take his baby steps with a big smile this afternoon and collapsing into helper's arms with a giggle and she laughed excitedly and cheerily as she cuddled him, I felt a tinge of sadness. For N, I am not his sole caregiver, unlike in the case of M. But yet, I feel the necessity to gradually let go now, so that he will get used to being in the care of the helper while I am at work. Luckily for now, he still prefers me over anyone else, despite my spending so much lesser time with him on a daily basis as an effort to train up the helper.

Aww.. the fact that he is almost walking is like a big reminder that my baby is going to grow up even faster from now on...and I must cherish these moments of his babyishness while it is still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, big change in store! 1 less SAHM!
- Mel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...