Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Workout

I am glad I let Marcus skipped his nap and put him to bed easily at 7pm. It was harder with Nicholas who only finally entered slumberland at 9pm. I expected it anyway since he had 2 naps today.

Instead of lazing around and chill in front of the TV or computer, I decided to hit the gym at 9pm for an hour workout. After some tough cycling and running, I got back for weights and stretches before calling it a night. Now with my hair wet at a quarter to midnight, I guess it is not a bad way to spend the evening hours to myself. I feel physically tired but refreshed at the same time, and contented and peaceful.

I am sick and tired of waiting forever for my friends to join me for any activities. So far, these so-called friends all ended up backing out at the last minute or declining without consideration any invitation to take up activities that involve some effort and commitment on their part. Millions of excuses they have. Well, enough is enough.. I am not going to wait around for my life to start, or shall I rephrase.. the next phase to start. If someone my age can swim, golf, play tennis and rugby, competes in marathons, enjoys mountain climbing, holds an incredible job and travels around the world... I realise how much time I have wasted. It's time to stop being a typical Singaporean and aim for the stars.. at least I will reach the moon. (I don't want just the sky).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...