Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sing a Song

Marcus' Shichida teacher wrote in his report recently that Marcus is a "very eloquent boy..... who loves to sing...." How true!

His school teacher wrote in his school report that "Marcus often hums a tune as he works, and it is often "Do Re Mi"..."

Indeed, my boy loves singing. He sings everyday and equates singing as something to do when one is happy. When I told him to make Nicholas happy, he would sing his baby brother a song.

These days, he has been singing some Mandarin songs which he learnt in school. Today, he surprised me with a new song about the continents. I have never heard the song before, but after he sang a few times at my request, I could actually understand all the lyrics. I am so impressed that he got the whole song right, though his enunciation still needs slight improvement. He sounded like some Caucasian kids trying to speak Mandarin sometimes.. .. hmm.. some work required on that accent. Nevertheless, it is a good start and I started humming and singing it the whole night too.. Now the tune is still ringing in my ears.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...