Saturday, September 15, 2007

Oyaku-don

E just started saying this to Nicholas one day, which made the baby giggle a lot. Marcus wanted to impress, so he aped his papa and exclaimed "Oyaku don" to his little brother a few times a day. Now it is a term he uses when he wants to catch attention, make us laugh or simply say something when he has nothing else to say.

He has also learnt from his papa that this is the name of a Japanese dish. Before we left home to have dinner at a Jap restaurant, he was briefed by E of what to expect for dinner. He must have understood as the moment we reached the restaurant, he looked at the dishes on the conveyor belt going round and kept asking me "can I eat this now? I am hungry. Where is my oyaku-don?"

The moment we were seated at the table, he looked at the menu and told the waiter "I want Oyaku-don" even before I could utter a word.

He did have it and he enjoyed it too. It is very enjoyable taking him out for meals these days. He eats well and would try a good variety. He wants to try new food and would tell me "Can I try that too". He is appreciative of the chance to take public transport and sang all the way there and also the way home. He sang loud and clear and did lots of hops and skips along the way. Passers-by grinned when they hear him sing "Do Re Mi", "London Bridge is falling down", "This old man" etc.. My boy is happy. It makes me happy too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...