Thursday, September 6, 2007

I feed you

After refusing to self-feed for almost 11 months, Marcus finally agreed to feed himself half a bowl of muesli yesterday and I just praised him to the sky. He was delighted and so was I.

Today, he insisted on feeding himself his bowl of fried eggy udon with chicken for lunch and he was really good at it. Pleased with his achievement, he wanted to feed me too. He kept pestering me with his "Mama, I feed you! Mama, let me feed you." So I gave in and he had such fun directing the spoonful of food into my mouth while I opened my mouth as wide as possible. Then he tried to feed me the chicken bones. I told him I am not a dog, so I don't eat bones. He paused, and looked a little surprised. Then he said "Mama, when you become a dog, can I feed you the bones please?" with his wide eye innocence. I couldn't stop laughing, told him that I would not turn into a dog. Then he laughed and exclaimed "Mama is not a dog. So cannot eat bones."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...