Friday, August 31, 2007

School feedback

I'm a typical mum who gets excited over every small report from school that tells me what and how my son is doing. Today, I had a quick chat with his lead teacher, who has so many nice things to say about Marcus. The best compliment to me is that she has never seen a child like him before, to be able to do so many things so well independently, at such young age. And she is greatly impressed by his curiosity and level of intelligence. I think what impresses her a lot is how he can and is interested in writing and spelling.

We also received a really positive formalised feedback report from both his teachers today, informing us of the content and activities that he has been exposed to so far and his progress at each. I am surprised that they cover such advanced content at this level already. Of course I wonder how much of it is really absorbed, though I know for sure that Marcus has already benefitted when he asked me to spell "parallelogram" and "trapezium", told me about mooncakes, sang songs that I haven't taught him and wrote the alphabet, just to name a few.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...