Monday, August 20, 2007

Party or not

Honestly I can't believe how fast time flies. Marcus is almost 3 y.o! His birthday is less than 2 weeks away and we still haven't gotten much planned. I was very excited planning his first birthday party, and I got less enthusiastic last year for his 2nd. This year, I am a little ashamed to admit that I haven't even planned anything.

In fact, it was more of his papa's efforts that we got the party going last year. If left entirely to me, I would probably have cut the guest list by half and get some simple party food, no toys and just a quick hour of celebrations. But papa wanted to make it more special, so we ordered a custom-made cake of the Very Hungry Caterpillar and moved all our musical toys down for the kids to play. The toys turned out to be a huge hit but not the cake, which was quite "blah" for my taste. Too much cream, not enough sponge and rather tasteless I think.

Few months ago we had some grand plans.. and I even did some research. But after a few months, the plans are shelved as they require a bigger budget than I am prepared to spend for a kid's party and would much prefer to spend that $ in future when he is older (so I assume he can appreciate even more), or on a holiday or some excellent toys/books etc.. Anyway, if we can get our act together, we will have a bash for him. If not, we can still have a cake of his choice, some presents and the immediate family around to sing him a song. I am sure he will like that just as much as a big party.

I am not really that excited about planning for Nicholas' 1st birthday bash either, which is also round the corner. Urrgghh.. Well, E is very particular about being fair to the boys, so Nicholas must have a big bash the same way that Marcus had his. It is more for the adults than the babies really, and now I prefer a quiet affair, with only a few close friends and family around to celebrate with him. After all, why invite people who don't care about him to his party? There were so many people who called and wanted to visit Marcus when he was a baby and less than half of these people bothered when Nicholas was born. But I want to be fair to baby Nicholas too and he should have a celebration no matter how small it is. So here it goes baby... mama shall start planning something fun. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...