Monday, March 30, 2009

Till The Lights Are Out

On some days, the 2yo still naps for one to two hours in the afternoon. That is the time when I catch up on homeschooling activities with the 4yo if he is not too tired. Sometimes, I do leave him to play on his own if I deem him too distracted/tired/cranky etc. I work around him basically - what kind of activities we do is highly dependent on his state of concentration. 

One rule I have - I only work on homeschooling activities with the kids when they are in a receptive mood to achieve optimum results. 

However, there are also days when I keep both kids up without a nap so that they go to bed around 7pm. Sometimes, I take the 2yo to the park or arrange a play date for the morning, a trip to the play gym after lunch and some quiet activities at home before I take them for a swim. Then it is a mad rush of baths, fixing dinner and bedtime routine all within 75 min.

It helps a lot when E is not travelling as he usually gets back from work by 630pm. But on days when he is away on trips, I still try to stick to this routine and get the kids to bed by 730pm. 

Once their lights are out, it is me-time to catch up on chores, planning, reading and whatever else. Though it can get really tiring on some days, I still prefer it this way instead of relaxing and napping in the afternoons with the boys and then have them stayed up till past 9pm. 

4 comments:

Dominique said...

It's nice that the boys are able to go to bed at 7pm so that you have time to do what you need- chores etc.
It will be a dream if mine can go to bed at 9pm.

DG said...

yes they will if they are tired out enough.. usually it means I am tired enough to hit the sack too, since I would have to be involved in their high energy activities in the day.

Winnie said...

By the way, what time yr boys wake up?

DG said...

They usually wake around 7am. But if they go to bed at 7pm the night before, sometimes they wake earlier.. like 630am. Yikes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...